Make transferring funds between your Citi and non-Citi accounts a non-problem.
Inter-Institution Transfers let you make free online transfers between your Citibank accounts and your accounts at other banks, brokerages and credit unions in the US.
What it Costs
Right for you if:
- You want to transfer money to an account you own at another institution
- You want to fund your other accounts at brokerages or credit unions
- Your accounts are within the US.
What You Get
Inter-Institution Transfers is a free service that lets you make one-time or recurring online transfers between your Citibank accounts and your accounts at other banks, brokerages and credit unions in the US.
Easily make transfers between your Citibank checking, savings or money market account AND your checking, money market or investment account at another institution.
You can even use Inter-Institution Transfers to move money from your accounts at other financial firms directly into your high-interest Citibank savings account.
How It Works
Using Inter-Institution Transfers from Citibank is easy. You can:
- Make one-time and recurring transfers
- Make a transfer simply by setting up your non-Citi account by providing the account number and the
An ABA number—or routing number—is a 9–digit number assigned to the bank by the American Bankers Association (ABA) and used for routing transfers and other transactions. Think of it as the bank's
- See the chart for the amounts you can transfer
We recommend that you add any existing linked external accounts and scheduled transfer instructions to our new Citi "Transfer Between Your Accounts" service.
|TIMING OF TRANSFER*||Same day ACH – Instructions received before 12:30 PM ET
Next day ACH – Instructions received after 12:30 PM ET
|TRANSFER LIMITS**||Inbound monthly – $100,000 Tenured**** $15,000 Untenured
Inbound daily – $100,000 Tenured**** $10,000 Untenured
Outbound monthly – $50,000 Tenured**** $15,000 Untenured
Outbound daily – $25,000 Tenured**** $10,000 Untenured
* The times shown here affects when your transfer request will be executed. Transfers will be executed on the Business Day requested if your instructions are entered before the cutoff time shown. Transfers are subject to applicable limits.
** Monthly limits are measured on a rolling 30 calendar day basis.
*** Customer has one or more Citi consumer accounts open for at least 91 days; credit card or first mortgage accounts are not included. Based on those accounts linked to online profile used with IIT service.Click here to see Inter Institution Transfer Terms and Conditions