Earn Cash Back Twice With Your
Citi® Double Cash Card
When you use your Citi® Double Cash Card for all your purchases, you earn unlimited 1% cash back when you buy.
Plus, earn an additional 1% cash back as you pay for your purchases.
Cash back is earned in the form of ThankYou® Points.
Here's how it works:
1 point per $1
when you buy
1 point per $1
as you pay
Redeem points for cash back or other exciting redemption options.
With ThankYou® Points, you can redeem points for cash back with as little as $0.01 for a statement credit or direct deposit, or $5.00 for a check by mail.
Check by Mail
… And other exciting redemption options!
ThankYou® Points give you access to hundreds of rewards from Citi. You'll find these rewards options and more at ThankYou.com.
Redeem points for gift cards from over 100 leading retailers
Shop with Points at Amazon.com or when checking out with PayPal for virtually unlimited rewards options
Book trips or transfer points to participating airline or hotel loyalty programs for added flexibility1
Shopping at CVS
Redeem ThankYou® Points for $10 worth of qualifying in-store purchases at participating CVS locations2
With ThankYou® Points, there are:
No limits on earning points
No points expirations
More redemption options
What happened to my existing cash rewards balance?
Any cash rewards balance in your account was converted to the equivalent amount of ThankYou® Points. You received 1 point for every cent in cash rewards. For example, if you had $100 in cash rewards, your rewards were converted to 10,000 ThankYou® Points &mdash redeemable for a $100 statement credit, direct deposit or check.
Citi Double Cash Card FAQs
We know you have questions, and we've got answers.
When did the Citi Double Cash Card change?
You began earning cash rewards in the form of ThankYou® Points on March 28, 2022. Also on that date, any cash rewards balance in your account was converted to the equivalent amount of ThankYou® Points. You received 1 point for every cent in cash rewards. For example, if you had $100 in cash rewards, your rewards were converted to 10,000 ThankYou® Points — redeemable for a $100 statement credit, direct deposit, or check.
Is the Citi Double Cash Card still a cash back card?
Yes, however as of March 28, 2022, cash back is earned in the form of ThankYou® Points instead of cash rewards. You can easily redeem your ThankYou® Points for cash back as a statement credit, direct deposit, or check. Additionally, you can also access other redemption options that include gift cards at popular retailers, restaurants, department, and home stores. You can also Shop with Points at select merchants or even book travel through the ThankYou® Travel Center. Redemption values vary depending on how you choose to redeem your ThankYou® Points.
Why did we change the Citi Double Cash Card?
We've introduced changes to make the Citi Double Cash Card more convenient.
- Redeeming for cash continues to be as easy as ever, plus you can explore other redemption options. You can use your ThankYou® Points to redeem for gift cards, travel, Shop with Points and more on thankyou.com or the Citi mobile app. Redemption values vary depending on how you choose to redeem your ThankYou® Points.
- You get the same great redemption value for cash back when you redeem your ThankYou® Points. For example, if you had $10.00 in cash rewards, your rewards were converted to 1,000 ThankYou® Points on March 28, 2022, redeemable for a $10.00 statement credit, direct deposit, or check.
- There are no more $25 minimums to redeem for a statement credit or direct deposit. Additionally, your ThankYou® Points never expire as long as your card account is open.
What if I already had a ThankYou® account?
If you already had a ThankYou® account associated with your Citi Double Cash Card account, that did not change during the migration. Any cash rewards balance in your account was converted to ThankYou® Points and added to the ThankYou® Member Account number associated with your card account
Did my account number change?
No, your card account number did not change. If you did not have a ThankYou® Member Account associated with your Citi Double Cash Card account, you were given one at the time of migration. If you already had a ThankYou® Member Account, that did not change during the migration.
Do I need to do anything?
No, on March 28, 2022, any cash rewards that you had were automatically converted to ThankYou® Points and were combined with any existing ThankYou® Points you had that were connected to your Double Cash account. Also, as of March 28, 2022, you now automatically earn in ThankYou® Points.
Which partner loyalty programs can I transfer my ThankYou® Points to from my Citi Double Cash Card?
With the Citi Double Cash card, you are eligible to transfer your ThankYou® Points to select partner loyalty programs in which you are enrolled. Eligible partner loyalty programs are TrueBlue, Choice Privileges®, and Wyndham Rewards®. For more information on transferring your ThankYou® Points, visit ThankYou.com and select Points Transfer. Redemption values vary depending on how you choose to redeem your ThankYou® Points.
Can customers combine points from multiple Citi accounts?
Absolutely, as long as all the Citi Accounts are owned by the same person. If they have one (or more) Citi credit cards participating in ThankYou® Rewards, Citibank consumer checking account and other linked banking products and services, an enrolled Citi Corporate Travel & Entertainment Card, they can combine the associated ThankYou® accounts into 1 ThankYou® Account. Please note that if they combine their ThankYou® Accounts, points are not separated based on which Citi Account they were earned and are displayed as a total among all Citi Accounts.
ThankYou® Rewards Terms and Conditions
- Points Transfer. You will need an account with the applicable participating loyalty programs in order to transfer points. Following the transfer of ThankYou® Points, the resulting reward currency will be subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable travel loyalty program. Timing of posting may vary depending on the travel loyalty program and may take as long as 14 days to process. A submitted request to transfer points may not be canceled, and the points in a submitted request may not be returned to your ThankYou® Member Account. ThankYou® is not responsible for, or affiliated with, the travel loyalty programs. Citi makes no representation regarding travel services provided by any of the travel loyalty programs. Additional ThankYou® terms and conditions apply and are available at thankyou.com/tc.jspx. Learn more at thankyou.com/transfer.
- Redeem ThankYou® Points for $10 worth of qualifying purchases in participating CVS locations. Simply use your credit card at checkout. Learn more at thankyou.com/cvs. In store only. © 2021 CVS.com. All rights reserved.