Connect with Citi
Citi has a presence in several social networking sites that help us keep in touch with our customers, including the following:
- Twitter — There's a whole community of Citi users getting important information on Twitter. Send a tweet to for customer service questions. For news, information and offers from Citi, follow
- Facebook — Be our friend on Facebook and join the conversation at www.facebook.com/citibank.
- YouTube — The Citi YouTube channel showcases some of our latest efforts and innovations to serve our customers.
How to protect yourself from social networking fraud
With more and more people joining social networks, there has been increased danger of social engineering, a form of identity theft where thieves gather personal information from available sections of social networking sites.
By taking the following precautions, you can guard against social networking fraud.
- Before joining a social networking site or community, research it online to make sure it's legitimate.
- Do not use the same username and password to log into social networking sites that you use to access your Citi accounts.
- Never share personal information such as: user ID's, pin's and account numbers on social media sites.
- Create a screen name that doesn't reveal too much about you.
- Be careful when clicking links. Even if the message appears to come from a friend, contact the sender directly to make sure it's authentic.
- Post only information you are comfortable with others seeing, and regard information posted on social media sites as public and permanent.
- Use privacy settings to limit access to your information.
- Never include any information that can help thieves steal your identity, such as your address, phone number or even employment information.