Purchasing Property in the US
Purchasing a home in another country and obtaining financing can be a complex process. Citi offers specialized assistance to help you.
Mortgage Programs for Global Clients
We have home lending programs to help you reach your goal of purchasing a second home or investment propertyFootnote 1 in the US. We understand the particular challenges of financing a home in the US and will help you through the process.
- A specialized process designed for international homebuyers
- Loan amounts up to $2 millionFootnote 2
- Loan-to-value (LTV) up to 70%
- Competitive mortgage rates on fixed and adjustable rate loans with a variety of terms to fit your individual needs
- Experience assisting buyers from all over the world with financing property in the US
To get started, call 888-248-4684 or 636-261-1377, or visit a branch.
- Co-operatives (Co-ops) are not permitted on investment properties. Only one investment property in the US financed by Citi is allowed per client. Clients must have $1,000,000 liquid assets after loan closing. Examples of acceptable sources of liquid assets include reserves in checking, savings, certificates of deposit, money market funds and trust accounts, investments in stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and other securities. to footnote reference 1
- Certain programs may require clients to have an existing deposit relationship with a Citigroup affiliate of no less than one year and in the amount of $50,000 for loan amounts less than or equal to $500,000 and $100,000 for loan amounts greater than $500,000. Deposit Accounts are defined as all forms of bank deposit accounts including checking, savings, money market accounts and certificates of deposit. Certain other program restrictions apply; ask your mortgage specialist for details.
The terms, conditions and fees for accounts, products, programs and services are subject to change. This is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to credit and property approval. Offers are not applicable on Home Equity Loans and Lines of Credit. to footnote reference 2